John Mahar's Blog

Education, Spanish, Travel, Poems, Bonnaroo reports, and more.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005


My name is John Mahar, and I am a world traveler. This is my first blog. A long time ago I had my first email. I shared it with some friends, and one of them eventually completely hacked it and doesn't share with me any more. So now I Wander the World with no way to communicate to my homies. Alas.

Now I'm gonna rant about the HURRICANE that happened in the United States.

What we need, clearly, is a war on HURRICANES. They kill innocent people by the hundreds, and there are more of them every year, it seems like. Some say it's because of global warming. I don't care where they come from, what religion they are, or how many people think they're cool. They are evil, and in this time of crisis we need to circle our wagons and launch an all-out full-scale earth-shattering attack. Humans versus Hurricanes.

Of course, the United Nations will be slow to react, so we need to start this fight on our own. In your own home, your own BASEMENT. You can begin the fight that may define the next century. Don't be scared. It's a big committment. If you're a ninny this isn't going to be something you can help very much with.

We've had the war on poverty, the war on drugs, the war formerly known as the war on terrorism. Now it's time for a winnable war.

You know what they say, a stitch in time saves nine. I say we are already beyond nine stitches to fix this hurricane problem. But if we keep waiting, they will destroy every coastal city there is in the southeastern United States. Then which state will we blame the stolen 2000 election on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home